Thursday, December 6, 2007

How to create interactive PDF with Microsoft Word?

During its installation setup, Adobe Acrobat gives you the option to install the PDFMaker Macros for Microsoft Word. PDFMaker will add a menu in Word called Adobe PDF. It also adds a toolbar with buttons that will activate elements of this menu. Select Adobe PDF>Convert to Adobe PDF or click on the button with PDF document icon to create your PDF. On Macintosh, you need only to install Acrobat toolbar while it's offering very little control over its operation.

Under Windows, configure PDFMaker by selecting Adobe PDF>Change Conversion Settings. . . in Microsoft Word. The Change Conversion Settings drop-down list allows you to select a profile of Distiller, just as you would if you want to print a PDF file. The other tabs allow you to add encryption, links, metadata, bookmarks, and other nice features of your PDF. One feature I was specifically disable Enable Accessibility and Reflow with Tagged PDF. This feature allows PDF to behave a bit like HTML, but it can double (or more!) the size of your PDF file.


2 comments:

Alex said...

There are a lot of features in MS Word. And yesterday one of theirs was surprised me,because of something happened with my doc file. And as far as I understood the file was damaged. I was very disappointed. But I unexpectedly discovered in the Internet - docx fix for windows 2003. It helped me for seconds and free of charge as far as I remembered. I was glad this tool.

PDF Lock said...

Hi,

Users can drag-and-drop documents right from their desktop into the environment PDF files , Word, powerpoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, images, and even 3D content. Thanks a lot.